Monday, January 4, 2010

time with jesus in 365 days




One of my New Year's Resolutions for 2010 is to get closer to God than ever before.  This has always been a goal of mine each year but for some reason life continues to get in the way and I find myself living in the world and putting God second....when I "have time."  I hate that..despise it.  I really want to make an effort to spend time with God at least 1x a day for the next 361 days whether it be in prayer, in His word, volunteering, etc. to turn my goal into a reality.   I hope to be able to reflect on each day's experience and express my thoughts in this blog. 

How neat that the following key message is my first daily devotional?  God's timing is always so right on.... 
"If you feel overwhelmed with life, take a moment and set your eyes on Jesus. Ask Him to help you believe His promise to never leave you nor forsake you (Hebrews 13:5). Ask Him to help you believe that He has a future and a hope for you. (Jeremiah 29:11) Ask Jesus to fill you with His peace that He promised to leave with you (John 14:27). Stop trying to work it all out for yourself. And if you are having trouble believing, ask the Lord to help you even to believe (Mark 9:23-24). We spend so much time on other things; why not spend some of it with the Lord today?"

No comments: