Friday, January 15, 2010

god give me strength to endure

A year ago, I would not have been able to run longer than 3 minutes at a time.  It's amazing how you can train your body and your mind to do wonderous things.  I ran my first 10k in October in about an hour and will be running my very first 1/2 marathon this Sunday.  I am nervous, estatic, anxious, determined all rolled up into one!


I am extending deep prayers, God, for safety, strength, determination, energy, painlessness, power, and endurance for the big race.  Please be with me on game day and run every step of the way with me.  I am running for you Lord.  As Dad reminded me the other day in 1 Corinthians 9:24, "Do you not know that in a race all runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize."  My prize is you Lord, you are my prize and I run for you.  I acknowledge there will be times in the race that will be difficult and I may grow weary.  I look forward to the times in the race where I am running strong and on fire.  Just like our growing relationship, Lord, please help me hold fast to you and remind me that you will be with me every step of the way .... all the way to that finish line!


To those reading this post, please be praying for me this Sunday and send positive thoughts and energy my way!  The race starts at 8:30am Arizona time!  Thank you :)




No comments: