Monday, January 11, 2010

my anchor...my safe place = true contentment



EMDR testing began in therapy this week.  I was asked to envision a safe place where I can escape to in my mind.

Here are a few things about the place.........

It's completely beautiful....serene.  Waterfalls everywhere.  Very peaceful....Lots of green and blue - probably every color imaginable.  The smells are amazing ---- lilacs and orange blossoms.  I hear singing ....worshipping.  There are clouds everywhere.  Then I see Him....My Lord and Savior Jesus.  He is there and so are several of my family members and friends.  There are a lot of other people there too ---- I see Kate McRae.  She is healed and playing in the field.  There is no fear, no sorrow, no pain.  Everyone is happy and just want to praise and worship.  I keep wondering if there is something "to do" ....something that needs to be done.  And then I hear Him tell me to Rest.  "It has been finished."  There is nothing more to do.  ....................... It is simply "True Contentment"


1 comment:

GAR said...

Wonderful description of your "safe place"!! Thanks for sharing!