Tuesday, January 19, 2010

god is faithful

I have a few praises and God moments I would like to share.  The first one I will be very vocal about.....the second one I would prefer not to get into specifics but will share high level.



My first 1/2 marathon went amazing!  I really couldn't put it any other way.  I felt fantastic....still do....and it was one of my most amazing experiences thus far.  I could feel all of the prayers and support and am so thankful God was with me every step of the way.  It was almost as if He was carrying me because I never really got tired and I felt no pain throughout the entire race.  It was pretty cool too because one of the last songs that came on my ipod was such an inspirational Christian song and it fully reminded me of how faithful God is and how He truly is with us all the time.  It was God and my race ---- and we did fantastic :) Thanks God!




God is so funny with His timing.  Sometimes I pray about things and forget that He really will always answer in some form and at some point in time... I think what happens is that we tend to be so narrow minded so if we aren't seeing the answer to the prayer how we expect it, then God isn't hearing us or isn't answering.  Well all I can say is that His timing is perfect and sometimes it sneaks up on you like a sweet, fresh breath of air.  In this situation, Ryan and I had been praying about our current circumstances and asking for guidance. In the mean time, we continued on with life seeking answers and direction from several "sources."  Well just when we were about to proceed with one direction, God placed a very mature Christian in our path to stir things up a bit.  It was almost as if we were praying to God for help but then proceeded not to open our ears to hear His answer. Key takeaway is that when you ask God for help or guidance, not only give it ALL to Him but also open up your ears and eyes...meditate on His word, seek Wise counsel, and sometimes just "sit still" to allow Him to truly reveal His perfect plan.  Thanks God!



No comments: