Tuesday, January 5, 2010

hand it over

Questions: What are you doing with your burdens? What does God promise us in regards to our burdens?


Carrying burdens can be so overwhelming and yet we are so quick to carry them and deny from handing them over. I know I do this too often than I would like.  God promises we'll always have victory in Him (1Corinthians 15:57) and He works all things out for the good of those who love Him in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:28)... so why do we refuse to surrender?  There have been a few times when I have truly surrendered a burden because I thoroughly understood I could not fix the situation on my own and needed God's help.  Although I wanted so bad for the situation to be fixed immediately and in my time, I knew only God could work on the heart of this individual. And He did! In His perfect timing and in His perfect way.  In order to hand it over, I needed to "trust" in God and His will.  Trust does not come quickly.  Like any relationship, gaining trust in another takes quality time to learn about that individual.  Trusting in God is remembering His promises especially in times of hardship.  Spending quality time getting to know Him will allow us to develop our relationship with Him and build the trust we need to surrender. When I truly surrender, God is given the ability to work His true wonders and turn any situation into beauty.  God...please help me to remember that there is nothing that can happen to me today that you and I can't "bear" together........

Reference: http://powertochange.com/blogs/experience/devotionalforwomen/

No comments: